An Orthodox wedding gives you an incredible opportunity to get married by Orthodox ceremony, something you will never forget. The ceremony itself is incredibly touching and full of inner beauty. Its idea is God’s blessing of marriage, future children, and eternal unity.
It is necessary to mention that the Church and the State of Greece are indivisible; therefore the ceremony has an official status and afterward an official wedding certificate is issued by Greek Authorities. It does not matter if the couple already had a civil ceremony – the Orthodox wedding requires special wedding permission from local Greek Metropoly and has a standard paperwork procedure.
A Catholic wedding ceremony is the same as the Orthodox with the same requirements when it comes to legal issues. The majority of Greek islands have Catholic churches, including the most picturesque ones: Santorini, Mykonos, Tinos, Crete, Rhodes, Paros, Naxos as well as Athens.
ORTHODOX/CATHOLIC WEDDING PACKAGE 2700 EURO
THE PACKAGE RATE IS VALID FOR THE SEASON 2023 AND IS VAT 24% INCLUSIVE
- Ceremony’s date & time booking
- Full event planning and coordination of the package services for up to 20 guests
- Provision of the chapels portfolio available for the chosen type of wedding
- Translation, validation & delivery of all the necessary documents to Metropolis
- All state & local fees to obtain wedding permission issued by local authorities
- Payment of all the necessary ecclesiastical fees for the wedding permission
- Certification of all the documents in Metropolis
- Official translation & verification of all the documents
- Courier services for delivery in Greece
- Priest’s fee
- Chapel’s fee
- Provision of 2 witnesses
- Services of English speaking assistant: meeting with the Couple before the Ceremony in order to check all the details
- Services of English speaking assistant: meeting with the Priest holding ceremony for a pre-wedding interview with the Couple, full accompanying
- Services of English speaking assistant: Wedding Venue inspection before the wedding if required
- Services of English speaking assistant: wedding ceremony & package services coordination, translation at the ceremony
- Services of English speaking assistant: private escort to a local City Hall to adduce the Church wedding certificate and generate the
- City Hall’s Marriage Certificate on its basis
- Private transfer for the Couple with an economy class air-conditioned car to the Wedding Venue
- Bride’s bouquet & groom’s boutonniere with delivery to the Couple’s hotel (standard seasonal flowers)
- Decorated basket with rose petals
For An Orthodox wedding:
- Orthodox wreaths for the Ceremony
- A tray with carafe & glass for the ceremony (the carafe, chalice & wreath remain in Couple’s possession after the Ceremony)
- Sweet almonds in white sugar paste as a decorative element for the Ceremony 2 candles on stand with seasonal flowers composition decoration for the ceremony
For A Catholic wedding :
- 2 flower arrangements on stands aside from the altar with seasonal flowers
- 1 flower centerpiece for the ceremony table
- Textile decoration for the aisle
CURRENT VAT IS INCLUDED IN ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED RATES
OTHER CONFESSIONS WEDDINGS
In Greece, it’s possible to hold Protestant, Islamic, Jewish and Hindu weddings. Some confessions are represented by chaplain based in Athens and willing to travel to any location to hold the service, other confessions do not exist but you can bring your own ceremony master. Everything is possible here as long as you are willing to make your dream come true.
* The particular package is available for all the Greek islands as well as the mainland. Depending on a church, there may be a supplement to the package. This package is basic and includes only essential services for the Orthodox/Catholic weddings in the churches belonging to the Greek Metropolis. If you are interested in a wider range of services or a tailor-made package, please contact us.